OverviewAECOM Environmental Engineer/Scientist Full Time in Halifax, NS
Branch Halifax NS CA
Execute all field and reporting aspects of remedial investigations and site remediation including, groundwater sampling, soil sampling, soil gas sampling, well…
AECOM is seeking a full-time Environmental professional in the Province of Nova Scotia to work in our Halifax or Sydney location.
• Provide basic technical expertise in the field of impacted site assessment and remediation;
• Execute all field and reporting aspects of remedial investigations and site remediation including, groundwater sampling, soil sampling, soil gas sampling, well installation and remediation construction under supervision and direction by the Sr. Project Manager;
• Manage tasks associated with pre and post field activities such as preparations of work plans and health and safety plans (HASPs), obtaining permits, soliciting subcontractors, and contributing to report preparation;
• Undertake most aspects of reporting, including performing data interpretation, developing internal recommendations within established guidelines, and providing responses to client and regulator comments;
• Expected to have a basic understanding of the regulatory framework for the industry and their particular business unit;
• Coordinate work and seek input as appropriate from the Sr. Project Manager and Senior Technical Resources to make certain that the work performed is safely and consistent with the project expectations;
• Participate in aspects of proposal preparation and scoping exercises, such as sourcing and seeking quotes from subcontractors/suppliers;
• May supervise and delegate various tasks to junior staff and/or subcontractors;
• Will be a self-starter, anticipating and initiating field and reporting activities without prompting from the Sr. Project Manager;
• Task and Site management of construction, subsurface exploration, and coordinated sampling;
• Experience conducting operations and maintenance on various remediation systems;
• Experience in sampling and understanding of methods used in groundwater, soil, and soil vapor investigation;
– Undergraduate Degree in Earth or Environmental Sciences or Civil or Environmental Engineering;
– Eligibility for registration with Engineers Nova Scotia or Geoscientists Nova Scotia.
– Knowledge and experience with the Nova Scotia Contaminated Sites Regulations.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Halifax, NS, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-24