OverviewAdvisor Websites Junior Web Designer Part Time in Vancouver, BC
Branch Vancouver BC CA
Junior Web Designer
Strive to build visually appealing sites that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation. Work closely with Project Managers to design and develop…
The Junior Web Designer is a part time (approximately 20 hours a week) opportunity at Advisor Websites, a software company recognized as one of the top 5 best workplaces in BC.
This position will be a 4 month contract in our Vancouver office, with the possibility of renewal.
As a Junior Web Designer, you will be responsible for building out websites for our clients on our custom, Drupal-based CMS.
- Work closely with Project Managers to design and develop websites for our clients using our CMS
- Ensure website is user and cross-browser friendly, as well as meets W3C standards
- Strive to build visually appealing sites that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation
Education & Qualifications::
- Certification, college diploma or bachelor’s degree or Web Design (or equivalent)
- Knowledge of a second language is a plus
- You know how to take a PSD, and build a website using a CMS based off of that PSD
- Basic understanding of Media Queries and CMS systems such as Drupal, WordPress, Joomla, etc
- Experience with Bootstrap and Foundation
- Creative and open to take critique from other designers and clients
- Great people skill and work well in a team environment
- A responsible attitude, problem solving and multitasking skills
- Awesome time management skills, works well under pressure, and ability to meet deadlines
Company Website: www.advisorwebsites.com/careers
Advisor Websites has been a player in the financial services industry since 2002, building crisp, professional, and compliant websites exclusively for members of the financial services industry all across North America through a SAAS business model. Our head office is located on the beautiful West Coast of Canada in Vancouver, British Columbia.
We offer an amazing culture and work environment for those who seek to learn, grow and are top achievers.
The rate for this position will be $18-$22/hr depending on experience.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2018-01-10