OverviewAdministrative Office Assistant/Deliveries Dispatcher in Port Coquitlam, BC
Branch Port Coquitlam BC CA
Administrative Office Assistant/Deliveries Dispatcher
Port Coquitlam, BC
information packages and materials, etc. 8. Participate with senior office administrative staff as required in performing related activities, eg. compiling…
Welcome to Sears, one of Canada’s most trusted brand names.
For the past 60 years, Sears has been a household name from coast to coast. How have we been able to build such a great reputation? Through our dedicated Associates, of course!
With thousands of roles across the country, Sears is one of Canada’s largest employers. Whether you are just starting out or have an established track record, Sears can offer you an exciting opportunity to build and grow your career. Bring your passion and enthusiasm for engaging with our customers, and you will find a world of career possibilities within our organization.
Purpose of the Role
Provide a broad variety of basic clerical support duties associated with the day-to-day operations of the assigned department. Perform activities in accordance with established procedures and instructions.
1. Schedule and dispatch delivery drivers throughout lower mainland and Victoria
2. Coordinate specials, unplanned services, not at homes and all other occurences.
3. Update and maintain the Delivery Express operating systerm and other templates as necessary.
4. Respond to and resolve inquiries and provide information on delivery schedules and protocol
5. Input and/or retrieve data for designated records, files, etc., usually via computerized systems. Maintain complete and accurate information in database(s).
6. Perform simple calculations, and complete job-related forms (hand written and electronic). Tabulate and compile data in a standard format for analysis by others. This may include setting up basic spreadsheets/charts.
7. Communicate with other Sears departments, and contact outside sources in some cases to exchange information. This includes responding to queries and requests for information, distributing information packages and materials, etc.
8. Participate with senior office administrative staff as required in performing related activities, eg. compiling standard reports, performing parts of complex assignments such as basic analysis, complex calculations, etc.
9. Perform general office duties which may include filing office documents and maintaining filing systems, answering telephones, responding to routine inquiries, operating duplicating machine, stuffing envelopes, faxing documents, scheduling/arranging meetings including booking rooms and catering,
ordering office supplies, etc.
10. May provide switchboard relief and/or receptionist duties as required.
11. Work in compliance with all laws and regulations and attend or complete all required health and safety training, report all accidents and take every precaution reasonable to ensure personal safety and the safety of others. Perform other duties as required.
Secondary school diploma
Computer skills, including ability to operate job-related Sears/PC systems, data entry and retrieval, word
processing, basic spreadsheet applications, etc
A minimum of 6 months of previous work experience
Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
We offer a competitive compensation package including a flexible benefits program and a generous associate discount on most Sears merchandise and services. We are committed to encouraging internal development and providing career enrichment opportunities wherever possible.
Please be advised that only those applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please note that availability is require Tuesday and Wednesday between 1pm-9pm, Thursday and Friday between 11am-7pm, and Saturday between 7am-6pm. This is a part-time position with an average of 25 hours per week. Starting wage is $13.00 per hour.
Previously interviewed applicants need not apply.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC, CA
Posted on: 2014-09-10