OverviewAdecco CASE MANAGER, INTAKE – AMS Contract in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
CASE MANAGER, INTAKE – AMS
Strong customer service skills. Service Delivery- Ensuring that all service delivery targets for the AMS products are met….
We have an Intake Case Manager Job in downtown Toronto, ON. This position is front-line client facing and will have accountability for delivering superior client services and communication to employees and employers throughout the life of the case. To qualify for this position you must be well versed in medical terminology, and possess a University degree in Healthcare field or equivalent. Our client is strong, reliable and forward-thinking committed to helping you grow personally and professionally. This is a 12 month contract with a pay rate of $18.00 per hour.
Case Manager Job Responsibilities:
• Case Triage (50-60%) – All incoming disability cases will be directed to the Case Coordinator to determine level of complexity and assigning cases appropriately based on established criteria.
• Non-Complex Case Management (30-40%) – All disability cases determined to be non-complex, will be managed to resolution by the case coordinator, who must continually evaluate whether the active cases remain non-complex or whether to transition the case to a Case Manager.
• Focus will be on minimizing administrative delays and on reducing the duration of employee work absences.
• Case Manager Administrative Tasks (10%) – Complete specified administrative tasks on all cases (eg. Faxing, forms preparation, employee follow-ups)
• Effectively communicate with employees and employers to determine all factors that may influence case complexity, including diagnosis, duration of disability and the presence of non-medical barriers.
• Service Delivery- Ensuring that all service delivery targets for the AMS products are met.
• Contribute to the overall profitability of Group Disability by facilitating more timely return to work for our policyholder’s employees.
• Triage all incoming disability cases to determine complexity and will manage all non-complex cases to resolution
• Determine the case complexity according to a pre-defined framework of criteria.
• This role is very much geared to having the case manager work towards health, productivity and financial outcomes for the plan sponsor and its employees.
• University degree in Healthcare field or equivalent
• Good understanding of and experience with medical terminology and conditions
• Two to three years Healthcare background
• Strong decision making and analytical skills with a strong attention to detail – particularly with numbers, spelling and grammar
• Excellent communication skills; ability to direct conversations and target specific issues or lines of questioning
• Influencing and negotiation skills
• Strong customer service skills
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, team environment
• Intermediate PC skills including MS Word, Excel and Lotus Notes
• Previous Group Disability Claims experience an asset
• Bilingualism would be considered an asset
• Completion of some related insurance industry courses would be an asset
If you are interested in this Intake Case Manager Job in Toronto, ON, then please click “apply now” below. Also, please visit our Adecco website to check out other opportunities currently available at www.adecco.ca
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-05-24