OverviewAdecco BUYER, STRATEGIC PROCUREMENT Temporary in Vanscoy, SK
Branch Vanscoy SK CA
BUYER, STRATEGIC PROCUREMENT
Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) designation would be a benefit. With limited supervision applies subject matter expertise typically requiring a…
Adecco Saskatoon invites applications for the contract position of Buyer to work in the Strategic Procurement department on site near Vanscoy, SK. You will be working within the potash industry and the expected length of contract is 3 to 6 months.
Reporting to the Manager, Strategic Procurement, the Buyer is responsible for managing the procurement function for various departments within a large, diverse, potash mining and processing facility at the Vanscoy site. This professional may lead small to moderately complex assignments and act as a resource to both customers and peers.
- Play a critical role not only ensuring your own safety, but also the safety of others
- You will have direct accountability for ensuring familiarity and demonstrating the Commitment to Zero policy, leading with a safety mindset and modeling the 3 Safety Principles, modelling the 10 Tenets of Operation and having your own personal safety action plan
- With limited supervision applies subject matter expertise typically requiring a professional designation (or equivalent) to a broad range of technical reports/analysis /transactions common to the business’s mandate, processes and programs
- Seeks assistance related to complex or unusual situations; provides transactional and transformational advice
- Ensure exceptional Materials Management support is provided to a 24 hour per day 7day per week 365 day per year operation; this includes heightened support during any unplanned maintenance outages and planned maintenance turnaround windows
- Issue formal bid documents, coordinate, analyze, recommend, award and implement tenders for less complex projects
- Ensures an effective and proactive procurement function for all purchases; these purchases include maintenance, repairs, operating supplies and third party contract services
- Provides a high level of procurement support for projects such as turnarounds and other capital projects; this includes a strong working knowledge of the business unit’s requirements and further interfacing with the Contract and Project Buyer to develop the best overall purchasing strategy for these projects
- Qualify bidder lists, issue formal bid documents, coordinate, analyze, recommend, award and implement tenders for less complex projects
- Negotiate and implement site contracts for operation applications, including single source contracts
- Manage a high level of service to meet customer requirements by ensuring all purchasing procedures are performed as per the site and Corporate Supply Management policies
- Manage and develop Vendors by establishing professional relationships with the key customers and suppliers through regular contact
The Ideal Candidate
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, the ideal candidate must be committed to achieving superior results with integrity and sustaining a safe and positive work environment while having the ability to embrace working side by side others in a diverse culture.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, planning, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of computer tools including SAP, Word and Excel
- Extensive knowledge of SAP Materials Management and related purchasing functionality
- Must have excellent time management skills to prioritize activities in a dynamic operating environment
- Must demonstrate strong relationship building with internal and external customers and peers
- Must possess a high level of ownership
- University Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
- Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) designation would be a benefit
- Procurement and contract management experience
- Lean training or understanding of Lean principles would be considered an asset
- Minimum Years of Relevant Experience: 2-5 Years
If you are interested in this Buyer, Strategic Procurement opportunity or other opportunities through Adecco, we encourage you to apply online at www.adecco.ca.
Adecco, the Global Leader of HR Solutions, connects people like you with new careers every day. We successfully fulfill your needs with Temporary, Permanent and Executive services. Adecco ensures that the client and the associate are a match, not just with qualifications and experience, but with personal expectations also.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Vanscoy, SK, CA
Posted on: 2017-04-02