OverviewAdecco ASSISTANT CONTROLLER Temporary in St. John’s, NL
Branch St. John’s NL CA
St. John’s, NL
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or other business related field and 1 year progressive accounting or finance experience;…
Adecco is looking for a Assistant Controller to complete a contract term in St. John’s, Newfoundland. The Assistant Controller provides technical controllership guidance to both finance and operations leaders. Our client is transforming energy markets! And bringing speed, scale and greater insight to the oil and gas industry. If you want to be a part of a great team and feel you would be able to make a strong impact, then apply today!
– Maintain the financial ledger of a legal entity in compliance with local laws GAPs, tax codes, government regulations and filing requirements.
– Book journals to reflect financial activities in compliance with above same (may include some or all of accruals, fixed assets, stock inventory, accounts receivables, accounts payables, expenses, and payroll).
– Ensure timely and defect-free account reconciliations.
– Ensure all expenses paid & recorded in ERP system, ensuring compliance within SOPs and business company policies.
– Participate in regular balance sheet reviews and variance analyses.
– Provide accurate and timely statutory & management reporting.
– Provide Ad hoc reporting for Corporate Business requests Drive closure of open audit issues and proactively work to prevent future issues manage risk.
– Lead resulting corrective action process implementation and follow up throughout the organization.
– Execute on policies and procedures during monthly quarterly close process including account reconciliations, account reconciliation audits, Data Request (DR) submissions, representation letters and adjusting entries.
– Participate in annual pre-close, quarterly CFO risk reviews and monthly controllership reviews with key operations and financial management personnel.
– Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley 404 requirements Perform financial analysis of balance sheet accounts to ensure compliance, integrity of account balances financial reporting and effectiveness of business processes.
– Participate and provide input into simplification initiatives
1. Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or other business related field and 1 year progressive accounting or finance experience; OR high school diploma GED and 4 years accounting or finance experience
2. Demonstrated proficiency in U.S. GAAP and local GAAP
Apply today at www.adecco.ca! We look forward to hearing from you!
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: St. John's, NL, CA
Posted on: 2016-12-06