OverviewAddictions & Mental Health Ontario Communications Coordinator Full Time in Toronto, ON
Addictions & Mental Health Ontario
Branch Toronto ON CA
Support communications planning and oversee AMHO’s editorial calendar. Addictions and Mental Health Ontario is looking for a Communications Coordinator to join…
Addictions and Mental Health Ontario is looking for a Communications Coordinator to join our growing team. Reporting to the Communications and Public Affairs Officer, the Communications Coordinator supports writing, communications and knowledge transfer to a wide variety of audiences, including AMHO members, government, stakeholders, and the public.
Content Developer and Copy Writer
- Support the implementation of AMHO’s communication plan and objectives.
- Design and produce written internal and external materials including, but not limited to, success stories, briefing notes, news releases, newsletters, member communications and web and social content.
- Support communications planning and oversee AMHO’s editorial calendar.
Social Media, Digital Communications and Media Relations
- Develop content and write effective copy for AMHO website and social media.
- Create and manage social media content schedules, activities and accounts.
- Lead the digital components and support AMHO advocacy activities, including our pre-election strategy.
- Explore and develop ways to support AMHO members’ social and digital communications.
- Help identify opportunities for positive messaging through the media.
Public Education and Knowledge Translation
- Create strategies and assist in the development of communications plans to increase public awareness around mental health and addiction and collaborate with AMHO staff to develop the messaging and communications plans for new strategies/initiatives.
- Generate ideas to share positive news and information about the work carried out by AMHO and its members.
Marketing and event promotion
- Work with the Senior Manager, Member Relations and Projects to develop and execute event and membership marketing strategies.
- Coordinate tracking of marketing efforts to monitor results and make recommendations for revisions/adjustments as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills, and a demonstrated record delivering tight copy on tight deadlines;
- Proven experience and success with social media and website management, as well as tracking and measuring success;
- Highly skilled and savvy with website development and a wide range of professional print/ publishing/ design software/ technical products (for example Google Analytics, WordPress, Indesign, Photoshop, etc);
- Advanced organization and time-management skills and ability to anticipate needs;
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills;
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills and an ability to succeed at unsupervised tasks;
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in corporate communications, journalism or similar discipline;
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in communications or marketing, preferably in health care, social services and/or the not-for profit sector;
- Graphic design and knowledge of Photoshop, Indesign and other tools a strong asset;
- Bilingualism in English and French a strong asset.
Salary: AMHO offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Application Deadline: Friday, January 26, 2018 at 5 pm (EST)
Please reference “Communications Coordinator AMHO-2018”.
We thank all applicants in advance. However, only those under consideration will be contacted. Addictions and Mental Health Ontario is an equal opportunity employer.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2018-01-10