OverviewAddictions Foundation of Manitoba Director, North Full Time in Winnipeg, MB
Addictions Foundation of Manitoba
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Extensive experience in a management role, and a proven ability to deliver and stay current with leading practices for delivering trauma informed, addiction…
ADDICTIONS FOUNDATION OF MANITOBA
FULL-TIME PERMANENT POSITION
ADDICTIONS FOUNDATION OF MANITOBA
The Addictions Foundation of Manitoba is a Crown Agency that contributes to the heath and resilience of Manitobans by providing addictions services and supporting healthy behaviours.
On behalf of our client, Addictions Foundation of Manitoba (AFM), we are currently recruiting for a Director, North to join their team in their new state-of-the-art facility in Thompson, Manitoba.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Director is responsible for the ongoing leadership, management, and administration of their respective program area while ensuring that a client centered philosophy and approach is maintained, enhanced and integrated into the development, provision and support of AFM’s programs and services. The Director will be a coach in the area of supervision and will be collaborative partners in developing and maintaining community partnerships.
The Director will work as a member of AFM’s Provincial Leadership Team in planning and policy development.
This individual will:
- Be a positive leader who is change willing, adaptable, one who listens closely and is respectful of and interested in others’ points of view
- Prefer to work collaboratively in a team environment and has a strong ability to celebrate success in others
- Be a person who is friendly, coachable, and has a genuine interest, dedication and passion for contributing to the organizations’ success and to the addictions system in Manitoba
- Understand that there must be team alignment and cohesiveness if an organization is to meet and exceed their goals and objectives
- Have exemplary leadership, communication, and motivational skills and be able to create a highly engaged, passionate and client focused culture
- Be one that communicates in a transparent manner and uses a client service orientation in planning and decision-making
- Be one who consults, collaborates and makes decisions
- Creating client centered environments where therapeutic, community and professional relationships are based on compassion, respect and dignity
- Ensures that program standards and requirements are achieved in accordance with AFM standards, goals, policies and priorities
- Acts as a coach, mentor and resource to staff and referral agencies, and applies continuous improvement processes and principles
- Ensures that collaborative environments are fostered and developed
- Works cooperatively with referral and related social services or health care agencies, and other relevant local stakeholder partners to achieve common goals
- Responsible for the preparation of annual budgets, schedules expenditures and analyzes variances to ensure that unit program area budgets are managed in accordance with AFM budget guidelines
- Coaches, guides and administers the performance management, recruitment and human resources processes for the facility to ensure the facility is staffed to meet the needs of clients
- Responsible for client and staff safety by ensuring safety in the areas of the physical environment, confidentiality, and social issues
Education and Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in a related discipline, or the experience equivalent
- Minimum five to ten (5-10) years of experience in a substance use and/or mental health treatment setting is required
- An acceptable combination of education and experience may be considered
- Works in a transparent manner with colleagues and the CEO’s office
- Minimum (5-10) five to ten years of experience providing expertise, guidance and supervision to staff in a unionized environment.
- A commitment to creating a culture of client service delivery in a continuous improvement and learning environment
- Extensive experience in implementing best practices for assessment and treatment of co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders
- Extensive experience in a management role, and a proven ability to deliver and stay current with leading practices for delivering trauma informed, addiction recovery and client centered services
- Ability to communicate both verbally and written in French is considered to be an asset
- Ability to function within a computerized environment required
This role will appeal to an individual who believes in the beneficial services of AFM, thrives on assisting others and is community and client-focused. If you feel you have the demonstrated background and are interested in learning more about this opportunity please forward your resume to [email protected], or call 204.336.6249.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-16