OverviewAction Against Hunger Finance Officer Part Time in Toronto, ON
Action Against Hunger
Branch Toronto ON CA
Finance Officer / Book-Keeper. The position is based in Toronto, Ontario. Support Finance Director in preparing for audit and responding to auditor requests,….
Finance Officer / Book-Keeper
Please note that all applicants must be eligible to work in Canada
Part-time 22.5-30 hours per week
Created in 1979, Action Against Hunger is a non-governmental organisation that aims to provide solutions to hunger. Our mission is to save lives by eliminating hunger through the prevention, detection and treatment of under-nutrition, particularly during and after emergency situations linked to conflicts or natural disasters.
Action Against Hunger focuses on nutrition, health and healthcare practices; food security and livelihoods; water, sanitation and hygiene and advocacy.
The main responsibilities of the Finance Officer / Book-Keeper will include full-cycle bookkeeping and reporting. The candidate will be working closely with the different departments of Action Against Hunger Canada.
- Record day-to-day financial transactions and issue invoices,
- Conduct monthly reconciliation of bank and Credit Card accounts,
- Process payroll in a timely manner,
- Maintain the petty cash fund if needed,
- Perform end-of-period procedures: balance account reconciliations,
- Prepare payments for supplier invoices in a timely manner, issue and mail out cheques,
- Liaise with service providers for invoice related matters and with staff for appropriate coding and payment processing approvals,
- Manage and oversee filing of all relevant financial, suppliers and payroll documents,
- Support Finance Director in preparing for audit and responding to auditor requests,
- Liaise with network on administrative matters related to inter-office invoices,
- Any other tasks as requested,
- Provide report on project expenses and monthly budget follow-ups,
- Actively participate in budget follow-up meetings,
- Provide financial forecasts for donor in liason with project teams,
- Prepare financial reports for donor,
- Participate in the improvement of financial tools for project teams,
- Review budget amendment requests,
- Support to the preparation of financial internal sub-agreements,
- Provide financial compliance guidance to Project Manager to ensure sound practices are maintained,
General and Administrative:
- Attend planning sessions, team meetings and annual performance reviews as required,
- Contribute to organizational efforts towards creating and promoting an enabling environment for gender equality,
- Pro-active exchange and collaboration with Action Against Hunger Canada team members and the International Network,
- Ensure an on-going process of personal professional development and learning,
- Other duties as assigned,
The position is based in Toronto, Ontario. However, the different tasks involved may sometime require irregular working hours, particularly during humanitarian emergencies. In addition to regular vacation allowances, Action Against Hunger Canada offers generous time off during the end of year holiday period. All Action Against Hunger Canada employees are eligible for standard health and dental benefits after three months of employment.
- Bachelor, University degree in relevant discipline;
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in bookkeeping and accounting in INGO;
- Knowledge of Quick Books
- Knowledge of USAID, GAC regulations;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Details oriented;
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills;
- Fluent in English;
- Strong problem solving ability;
- Proven ability to take initiatives and be proactive;
- Interest for international humanitarian work;
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications specifically Excel and Word;
- French working knowledge is a plus.
Please note that all applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
To learn more about Action Against Hunger, visit our website at www.actionagainsthunger.ca
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2018-01-11