OverviewAcross Boundaries Case Manager (Temporary 3-Month Contract – Full Time ) Full Time in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
Case Manager (Temporary 3-Month Contract – Full Time )
Knowledge of case management theories and practice. The Case Manager will report directly to the Program Manager….
Across Boundaries is recruiting for a permanent- full time Case Manager to provide services to those experiencing serious mental illness/addictions and are involved with the criminal justice system. The Case Manager will report directly to the Program Manager. The worker will work collaboratively within and across teams to provide prompt and appropriate access to services to individuals from racialized communities who are experiencing mental health problems and substance abuse. The worker will provide both intensive and non-intensive services depending on service user needs and will have an average caseload of 20-25.
- Degree in Social Work from a recognized university or equivalent
- At least two (2) years’ experience as a case manager
- Knowledge of case management theories and practice
- Knowledge of Criminal Justice System and Ontario Mental Health Act
- Knowledge, understanding and commitment to the Housing First model and philosophy
- Knowledge, understanding and commitment to the Recovery Model/Philosophy
- Experience working with transitional aged youth an asset
- Knowledge of case management/individual support functions
- Clinical knowledge and understanding of the client population
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent assessment skills
- Good English language skills (written and verbal);
- Second language skills in one or more of the following: African languages, Amharic, Arabic, Caribbean dialects, Chinese, Farsi, Hindi, Korean, Pashto, Punjabi, Spanish, Tagalog, Tibetan, Tamil, Urdu.
- Demonstrated excellent documentation and time management skills
- Demonstrated understanding of the concepts of a client-centred relationship
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, cooperatively and constructively within a multidisciplinary team environment
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to working within an anti-racism, anti-oppression, resisting anti-Black racism frameworks
- Lived experience of racism including an understanding of the impact of racism and other oppressions on health and mental health
- Excellent computer skills (e.g., Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook)
- Provides intensive case management to individuals experiencing serious mental illness and dealing with possible addictions issues, involvement in the legal system and/or homelessness.
- Linkage and coordination of services with partner community agencies
- Accurate record keeping and timely documentation
- Establish appropriate recovery goals in areas such as life skills, independent living, crisis prevention, budgeting, community integration, symptom management and employment
- Provide interventions such as advocacy, referral to appropriate community resources, counselling, crisis intervention, and psycho-education
- Maintain positive relationships with family members, various community partners/resources and court support systems and probation officers
- Comply with the agency’s policies and procedures, maintain complete clinical records
- Participate as a full member of Across Boundaries team.
- Other duties as assigned
Deadline: Monday, January 29, 2018
Salary: $43,748.28 per annum (prorated for the duration of the contract)
Bargaining Unit Position
We encourage applications from individuals who reflect the broad diversity of communities we work with, including those from racialized, Bi-Racial and LGBTQ communities. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2018-01-11