OverviewAccredited Supportive Living Services Limited Maintenance Services Worker Contract in Grande Prairie, AB
Accredited Supportive Living Services Limited
Branch Grande Prairie AB CA
Maintenance Services Worker
Grande Prairie, AB
Normal and emergency power systems; Ability to operate hand and power tools; What is the opportunity?…
What is the opportunity?
ASLS has a fantastic opportunity for a full-time Maintenance Services Worker to join our team in Grande Prairie. This is currently a six-month contract opportunity that is open to qualified candidates. Upon completion of the contract, an opportunity exists for full-time employment. If you are a highly organized and diligent professional who has a passion for people and the not-for-profit sector, this could be a great role for you!
What will you do?
The successful candidate will be responsible for the interior and exterior maintenance of our residences and offices in the Grande Prairie area and will be responsible for:
- Ensuring safe access around facilities owned or operated by ASLS;
- Preventative maintenance, planning, and service planning of electrical building systems, including, but not limited to: normal and emergency power systems;
- General building maintenance;
- Repairs and maintenance as required including equipment maintenance;
- Recommending or arranging for additional maintenance services as necessary;
- Regular inspection of facilities and maintaining routine maintenance schedules;
- Ensuring safe working procedures are in place and adhered to;
- Landscaping and snow removal as required for ASLS properties;
- Janitorial duties (vacuuming, mopping, cleaning washrooms, cleaning kitchens, disinfecting, cleaning the fridges, etc.) in the Grande Prairie offices;
- Conforming to ASLS guidelines and policies and procedures always; and
- Other duties as assigned.
What will you need to succeed?
The following qualifications are required to succeed in this position:
- Grade 12 Diploma;
- WHMIS certification;
- Minimum three years’ experience working in a maintenance support role;
- Ability to speak, read, write and comprehend the English language well enough to follow directions and communicate effectively with team members and residents.
Although not required, the following skills and abilities are considered an asset to the position:
- Experience working in a health care setting or within a commercial or institutional setting;
- Working knowledge of computer programs (web based, Microsoft based, etc.);
- Proficiency and understanding of systems such as HVAC, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and code compliance;
- Mechanical aptitude to perform various repairs to buildings, equipment, fixtures, furniture, etc.;
- Knowledge of and ability to operate automated building mechanical systems;
- Knowledge of boilers, generators, air conditioning, fire and security systems;
- Ability to operate hand and power tools;
- Ability to adjust and do minor repairs to heating, cooling, ventilations, plumbing, and electrical systems;
- Ability to contact tradespersons when needed for major repairs;
- Ability to perform routine maintenance jobs such as painting and drywall repair;
- Ability to perform minor repairs on appliances;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Excellent and effective communication skills,
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with conflict in a professional, and diplomatic manner;
- Understands the complex behavioral nature of the Individuals we serve and can adapt in each environment;
- Flexible schedule to accommodate clients and resident’s needs; and
- Ability to perform occasional and periodic heavy lifting.
Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate MUST possess the following:
- Clear RCMP Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Check
- Clear Child and Youth Intervention Measures Check
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle
- Valid Alberta insurance with $2 million liability coverage
What are the benefits?
In appreciation of your hard work and dedication to this pivotal role, you will be rewarded with a highly attractive salary that is commensurate with your skills and experience. You will also receive access to a great range of benefits, including:
- Medical and Dental Coverage
- Health Care / Lifestyle Spending Accounts
- Group life insurance
- Comprehensive Paramedical Benefits (including massage therapy, etc.)
- Group Pension & Group RRSP program
- Annual paid-day off for birthday or other milestone dates
- Opportunities for professional development, including workshops and specialty training
Upon joining ASLS, you will be welcomed into a supportive and inclusive team. ASLS greatly values the contributions of all our team members; we are committed to providing a safe and rewarding working environment, and are pleased to provide opportunities for professional development and career progression.
What do we do?
Established in 1969, Accredited Supportive Living Services Limited (ASLS) is an accredited, not-for-profit charitable organization that provides a wide range of community and social services in Northwest Alberta. With a team of over 250 employees, we provide quality services to individuals with diverse needs by encouraging opportunities for growth , development and community support .
For more information about ASLS, please visit our website www.aslslimited.org or visit us on social media at https://www.facebook.com/ASLSGP or https://twitter.com/myasls.
We work with great people.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Grande Prairie, AB, CA
Posted on: 2018-01-11