OverviewABB Service Project Manager Full Time in Winnipeg, MB
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Service Project Manager
) is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve performance while lowering environmental impact….
The successful candidate will manage projects and contracts related to service of ABB equipment in various industries as well as developing and maintaining partnership relationships with ABB clients and suppliers.
Main responsibilities of the Service Project Manager include:
– Manage moderately complex projects and service contracts
– Establish, monitor and adjust project schedule and communication flow
– Coordinate project team effort including engineering, testing, site work activities, etc.
– Control project documentation
– Assess and manage project risks and opportunities
– Work in accordance with ABB procedures using applicable tools
– Ensure contract completion to meet or exceed the expected profitability
– Review status, monitor, analyze and report on contract performance
– Approve purchase orders on related projects
– Open, manage and invoice related to the project or contract
– Serve as primary interface between customers and project teams on all contractual matters
– Build relationships with and influence internal and external stakeholders to deliver successful projects
– Resolve disputes over back charges, delays, warranties, etc.
– Report opportunities and problems to the management in a timely manner
– Ensure/manage customer satisfaction and responsiveness to customers
– Ensure quality and continuous performance improvement
– Review and approve relevant ABB Change Orders
– Pursue opportunities for additional sales and change orders related to the assigned projects
– Prepare quotes and implement contract changes based on customer requests using support of relevant ABB personnel
– Conduct meetings in an efficient manner
– Other duties as assigned
– Engineering, Technology and/or Project Management designation (Electrical Degree or Diploma)
– Experience and understanding of DCS (Distributed Control Systems) and/or electrical control apparatus/systems would be an asset
– 3 to 5 years of industry exposure
– Self motivated and ability to work in a team environment as well as autonomously (as required)
– Excellent communication skills – written and oral
– Strong interpersonal skills with customers and co-workers are critical
– Strong computer skills – Word, Excel, Email and Internet based applications
– Experience with SAP required
– Experience in accounting / financial transactions related activities
– Must be detail oriented
– Self-starter, motivated, positive outlook, willingness to take on new and unfamiliar tasks
– Must be able to multi-task and work in a positive manner with co-workers, suppliers and customers
– Able and willing to work overtime if needed to address cyclic workloads
ABB is an Employment Equity Employer and values a diverse workforce. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. In support of our Employment Equity Program, women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply and self-identify in the application process. We also offer a stimulating work environment, competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
The masculine form is used as neutral gender and includes man and women.
ABB is prepared to act on requests for disability accommodations that might be required to allow any disabled person to access our facility. Please advise us if any attending person requires/requests some specific form of disability accommodation.
Location: Winnipeg,Manitoba,Canada Contract type: Regular/Permanent Date posted: 2015-01-14 Job function: Service and Maintenance Publication ID: CA55691684_E1 ABB ( www.abb.com ) is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in around 100 countries and employs about 145,000 people.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-25