Overview£40-50,000 & benefits Logistics Commodity Leader Full Time in Leader, SK
£40-50,000 & benefits
Branch Leader SK CA
Logistics Commodity Leader
In depth knowledge of multi-modal logistics and the cost drivers within. A seasoned logistics and planning professional with proven experience within a…
• This is a brand new Pan European role, fixing the strategy for all plants, distribution centres and facilities in the Europe region for our client.
• At present our client has a high spend in Europe on logistics (couriers, freight, shipping, airfreight etc) the key function of this role is to drive savings in this hitherto un-controlled spend.
• Dotted line management to all shipping, dispatch and logistics department to ensure European wide strategy role out.
• Tasks will include (but not be limited to): –
o Negotiation of consolidated transport/freight contracts (air, sea and road).
o Analysis of spend to ensure most beneficial strategy implemented.
o Analysis of freight routes and methods to ensure most cost effective strategy defined.
o Co-ordination of strategy deployment across all sites.
• This role covers all areas of logistics from shipping of large high value instruments to consumable delivery routes to customers and will include specialist items such as dangerous good consumables.
• Performance will be assessed on cost reduction whilst maintaining customer satisfaction and OTIF.
The ideal candidate will have: –
• A seasoned logistics and planning professional with proven experience within a manufacturing environment.
• In depth knowledge of multi-modal logistics and the cost drivers within.
• Knowledge of shipping and import tariffs.
• A proven negotiator.
• A proven strategic thinker.
• A change agent
• MRP experience.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Leader, SK, CA
Posted on: 2016-03-12