Overview3 POINTS AVIATION CNC MACHINIST Full Time in Charlottetown, PE
3 POINTS AVIATION
Branch Charlottetown PE CA
Set-up & operation of CNC machinery in a prototype & production environment. Efficiently operate CNC machining & turning centers per all company, safety,…
The job of the CNC Machinist is to produce high precision components using various machine tools in accordance with engineering drawings, blueprints, and detailed process instructions, Set up/trouble shoot, train operators. Assuring all machines are operated in the most efficient and safe manner. Maintain complete inspection reports.
- Efficiently operate CNC machining & turning centers per all company, safety, quality, and production policies.
- Maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, and machining procedures.
- Evaluate procedures, and recommend changes or modifications for improved quality and efficiency.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, and process sheets.
- Assuring 1st article process refinement including optimization adjustments of program and machine.
- Maintain detailed repair, non-conformance reports, and inspection and certification records pertaining to his/her work are all compliant.
- Set-up & operation of CNC machinery in a prototype & production environment.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Manufacture components to exacting quality and productivity expectations.
- Reading text, Writing, Oral communication, working with others, Problem solving, Decision making, critical thinking.
- Verify dimensions of machined parts using precision measuring instruments. Document and report deviations from specifications and tolerances.
- CNC machinist with a minimum of 5 years’ job shop experience, technical college diploma or equivalent
- Aviation/aerospace or precision manufacturing experience a definite asset.
- Ability to consistently work to tight tolerance and GDT specifications with minimal Non-conformance.
- Familiarity with Fanuc and or Heidenhain controllers.
- Experience with setup and operation of both 3 axis vertical and 5-axis machines.
- Experience with setup and operation multi axis turn mill machines.
- Capable of performing routine maintenance on equipment.
- University or Technical College diploma or equivalent experience in the field of CNC Machining.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Charlottetown, PE, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-23